Friday, December 28, 2007

King of jewelers and jeweler to me

One more review to put me in a better mood. One of my favorite places to go in the world, period, is Cartier. Cartier Seattle is not Cartier Paris or New York but still a great place to go to be surrounded by beautiful things. Maybe I'm not really an existentialist. Who cares.

I tend to be drawn to their watches. I don't want to give away how many I have but it is likely too many. They may not have the movement quality of a Patek but they look better in my opinion and run fine. Cartier cost less which means less cost for service. Also, not many know of Patek or Mille but everyone recognizes a Cartier. Of course, everyone should have one Philippe. Cartier also makes great belts and wallets. Sure they cost money but the quality is there. Their paper goods get overlooked but I have not been able to find better Christmas cards. I'm going to leave the review of other jewelry to the ladies. You could get better value at Tiffany but you get more sophistication at Cartier.

The look of the store is similar to other boutiques, just smaller. High class exterior with dark stone and upscale yet simple interior show off their ware perfectly. They don't have everything on hand considering their size but I have not had any trouble having items shipped in. Plus, they rotate merchandise regularly and have at least one item I consider picking up. I find the service outstanding. However, since I am a regular customer, I can't give an objective opinion. Come by and you might see me there. In Pacific Place on Pine and 6th. Here are the scores; I follow the Zagat format.

Merchandise: 29
Store/decor: 26
Service: 28
Cost: Too much

http://www.cartier.com/

Update: Cartier Seattle has unfortunately closed. Fortunately, they have opened a boutique at Neiman Marcus in Bellevue with most of the original staff. Although I usually stick to the west side of the lake, I make it a point to visit from time to time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Cartier rings. Their yellow diamond ring and multicolor stone collection are my favorites!