Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Tini Bigs


Another place I go late or even after work is Tini Bigs. They are located at the north end of Belltown on the border with Queen Anne. I like the atmosphere. Built as a lounge, it's not presumptuous and you see many locals stop by for happy hour before going home. In the evenings it gets busier and more intimate and it's fun just to people watch Saturday night.

They offer many variations of the martini, or more correctly, cocktails in martini glasses. The drinks are good and taste as advertised which is no small feat. I grab dinner at times. The burger is a solid choice which I top with bacon and cheddar. It's large, juicy and a good value but the fries are usually burned. Tropical prawns and the steaks are good too. I get the fish tacos when I want to feel healthy although I'm not sure I like them.

The service can be very slow if you wait for the waitress. My advice is to sit at the bar; the bartenders are prompt and friendly. I drive here much of the time since it is so far north. Parking can be hit or miss but I usually find something in 5 minutes. On 1st and Denny. Here are the scores; I follow the Zagat format.

Food: 15
Decor: 20
Service: 19
Cost: Dinner with drink $25

206-284-0931

Update: There have been quite a number of changes at Tini Bigs. First, the bartenders that have been there for years are gone. Second, they have gutted the bar with much less choice in liquors and drinks.

No comments: