Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ruksa that Buddha


While on the subject of West Seattle, there is another gem of a restaurant that I go to frequently. Buddha Ruksa holds it's own compared to any thai in the city. They are never as busy as I would expect. This is likely from their location as they are in a residential neighborhood away from other restaurants. That's fine; more thai for me.

I have noticed even the best thai joints in Seattle tend to over salt their food especially when you ask for spicy. Not so here where the food is seasoned well. The dishes are light while having intense flavor and being very fresh. The curries and phad thai are great but I am a sucker for ginger chicken and salad rolls. Their spicy long beans is the best way I know of getting your daily serving of vegetables.

The service is always friendly and reasonably prompt. The decor is surprisingly clean, tranquil and upscale considering how they look from the outside. Parking can be a problem (as always) but you should be able to find something on one of the side streets. Near SW Genesee and Fauntleroy SW. Be sure to check the map before you go since it's easy to get lost. Here are the scores; I follow the Zagat format.

Food: 23
Decor: 21
Service: 21
Cost: Dinner $20

http://www.buddharuksa.com/
206-937-7676

No comments: