Saturday, November 17, 2007

Stinking fish


There is a restaurant in town that is so over-hyped yet so mediocre that I am forced to think they either; a) pay off reviewers or b) are part of the mafia. The restaurant in question is Flying Fish.

Did I miss something? Was this a decent eatery at some point? I will admit the fish is fresh and prepared in a delightfully adequate way. However, their portions are small, they are over priced and every time I eat there I feel ripped off. I keep going back thinking maybe it was just that night or that I might not have "gotten it." At this point, I feel I have gotten all there is and it is not much.

What is left of their view will soon be blocked by the Alex condos. To top it of, the wait staff is arrogant and sloooooooooooooooooow. Please take this advice: DO NOT GO TO FLYING FISH! On 1st and Bell if you don't believe me. Here are the scores; I follow the Zagat format.

Food: 17
Decor: 22
Service: 10
Cost: Dinner $80

206-728-8595

Update: Flying Fish has moved to the Denny Triangle by the new Amazon offices. The rest of the review stands.

No comments: