Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pizza Belltown


I enjoy finding "local joints." You know, places that locals go to hang out. It might not be anything special but the food is good and mostly cheap. Belltown Pizza is one of those places. I find myself going there 3-4 times a month.

Who doesn't like pizza, right? The food has gotten better in the past couple of years which I mainly attribute to them making the pizza crust thinner. I love Lombardi's in NYC and think Pizza Hut is an abomination. I love Chicago deep dish when done right but there is no reason for regular pizza crust to be thicker than a piece of paper. The decor is basically pub-like but gets the job done. However, the service can get VERY slow when they are busy and they open late and stop food service early. On 1st and Wall. Here are the scores; I follow the Zagat format.

Food: 20
Decor: 14
Service: 15
Cost: Dinner $20

206-441-2653

No comments: