Monday, March 31, 2008

Bistro on 35th


Breakfast is a weird time for me. I gave up eating breakfast a long time ago, partly to get more sleep, partly since I don't like being full going into work. Since it is rare that I go for morning eats, I find it odd that I have been to 35th Street Bistro for brunch so many times. I think it speaks to the quality of food and restaurant overall.

35th Street Bistro is known throughout Seattle but part of the charm is it still feels like a local eatery. Most of the people I see there walk in from the neighborhood and seem like regulars. This gives the place comfort and charm. It could also be that the decor reminds me of neighborhood bistros in Paris. The high ceilings, wood and chandeliers do give it a European feel.

Food is fresh and well prepared. The menu changes regularly but they usually have some form of omelets, burgers and salads. The salads are particularly crisp and tasty and a great starter. However, a big reason to go are the unique dishes hard to find not just in town but anywhere. I make it a point to try something new every time and I have never been disappointed. They also have both mimosas and bellinis; a reason to go by itself.

Service is friendly and doesn't interfere with the enjoyment of the restaurant. They open at 11am but again, I prefer it late. Go near opening time to find parking easier. Near N 35th and Fremont. Here are the scores; I follow the Zagat format.

Food: 22
Decor: 20
Service: 19
Cost: Brunch $25

http://www.35bistro.com/
206-547-9850

No comments: